The architect – Kirs George Victorovich
George Kirs was born on the 18 of May 1959 in the city of Leningrad. In 1982 he started working professionally as a sculptor, restorer and woodcarver at the Ekaterina’s Palace in the city of Pushkin.
In 1991 he completed an architectural degree at the Leningrad Construction and Engineering institute.
From 1989 to 1995, he worked with design organisations including “Lengrazhdanproect” and “TST”.
During this time a series of projects including living quarters and office parks were accomplished in the cities of Kirovsk and Otradnoe, as well as the department store “SITOP” in Finland.
In 1996 he formed his own company: “Eidos Architectural Production Studios” where he holds the post of Manager and Chief Architect to the present day, with the restoration of Monuments eventually becoming the company’s main line of work, specializing in church architectural design.
In the period from 1996 to 2005, over 20 projects were accomplished which contained restoration and reconstruction of Monuments of federal magnitude in St. Petersburg, and also in foreign countries.
The more significant of these projects were:
- The reconstruction of the premises and the adjacent buildings and restoration of the interior iconography of the Cathedral of the Vladimirskaja Icon of the Mother of God, in St. Petersburg;
- Reconstruction and restoration projects of the interior of the Holy Trinity Alexander Nevsky Lavra;
- A project encompassing the restoration of St. Xenia Chapel in the Smolensk cemetery;
- A project of reconstruction of the interior iconography of the Holy Transfiguration Valaam Monastery including Nikolsky and New Jerusalem Hermitages as well as the Holy Transfiguration Church